Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Psalm of Love

Today, my heart hurts.

I long for the time we are together.

When life won't be the complicated mess that it is.

When people I care about won't be sad.  Or angry.  Or desperate.

When the only joy we will know is Your presence, the very presence of You.  

I love You, Jesus.

I sing songs of praise to You.

My soul rejoices.

You give life to me.

You have lifted me from the depths.

You know my days and You have a plan for each one of them.

May my life reflect You.  May it point to You and Your wonderful deeds.

Even when it looks messy.  Insurmountable.  Impossible.

For all things, all things, are possible...

With You.

This, the color of my love, the song of my heart, the praise of my lips.

May it ever be to You.  Most High.  Almighty.

Sustainer of life, Giver of all good things.

Teach me to bring glory to Your Name.


No comments:

Post a Comment