Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Giving Thanks

I say "thank You" this morning for all the sweet little things...

the sun bright
the morning cool
the husband sweet
the children snuggly
the wisdom provided
the love all encompassing.

I give You my laundry list of what I need...

healing for this
healing for that
healing for others
love for Your Word
softened hearts
clarity of direction
wisdom with finances

The laundry list expands...my mind reels, I can't keep all the thoughts in one place...cannot make sense of all that is overwhelming me....this friend needs this, this child has this need, my husband, my parents, my church, my pastors, my heart....

Lord, Lord!  Please make sense of my mess.  Please hear my words and the cries - the nonverbal utterings - of my heart and piece them together.  This is the chaos.  You are the Master.  You will weave all of it together and make something beautiful of this mess that is placed at Your feet.  Your hands are mighty and powerful!  Your works are wonderful!

You heal, You create, You rescue, You save, You soften, You teach, You give, You protect, You restore, You redeem, You love.

Your love is better than life!!  Better than anything and anyone that holds me here, in this place, on this earth!  Better than ALL.

I surrender all to You, Lord and seek Your will.

Will I continue to give thanks when things don't turn out the way I think they should?

No comments:

Post a Comment