Friday, September 30, 2011

When the Lord's In It...

Scraggly beard.  Sweatpants, blazer, good shoes.  He is beside me, looking at the shelves.  I reach to get butter...

"Would you like me to reach something for you?"

          "Oh no, thank you.  Just looking.  Not even sure..."

"I understand.  They do that, you know, move stuff around to confuse us."

          "Yes"....with a chuckle.

"Have a good day!"

          "At my age, every day is good.  Even better with the Lord in it!"  

"Amen to that!" ...over my shoulder.

I walk away with a smile.  

An early morning Friday visit to the grocery.  Usually, this type of visit has been on Mondays but lately, with the state of our lives, I'm fortunate to make it whenever I can.  What a blessing to be here this day, today.

It's cold.  Rainy.  Damp.
Perfect.
My favorite type of fall day.

Home now.  Unload.
What's this?  My hands are full, shaking, can't get the door open fast enough.  Drop the cargo onto the floor, the eggs weren't in that, were they?  Never mind, this is important.  A letter via UPS.  Oh my, oh my....could it be?!

I tear into it.  Scan the contents....oh yes, oh YES, it IS.  Just what we've been waiting-almost TWO YEARS- to hear about.

It's good.

It's REALLY good.

He's good.

He's REALLY good.

It's even better, yes, BETTER than we ever thought.

Praise You Jesus, we give praise to YOU!

This could have only been accomplished through Him.

It's good, but even better when the Lord's in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment