Monday, July 4, 2011

Changes in Eyesight

I am changed.  Made evident in the way it permeates my thoughts and is manifested by my outward responses.

A friend made mention of the intriguing thoughts within the pages and something she said-what?  I cannot remember?-prompted me to run right out, dragging my two young ones (seriously, I went THAT night and if you only knew how many times I had already been to these places for other purchases....) and try to find this.  After a fruitless search of every place in this town that would have a copy, I broke down and purchased one right off the internet.  And received it the very next day.  After many weeks of knowing of its existence and not having been much moved to purchase one for myself, much less open it, I have found words that have moved me in a way not unlike only Scripture has ever done before.  Changed from within.  Certainly the printed letters all formed and inspired by Scripture itself, and yet again, God has used someone else to get through to me.

This idea of giving thanks and how it precedes, always precedes, the blessing.  How I find myself not just giving thanks but seeking Him in the grande and the mundane.  How I am searching, looking, seeing that which He is revealing to me.  And not just a love list at the end of the day but a moment by moment analysis, one that keeps me in the moment long enough for it to be named and known and forever imprinted upon my heart.

He gives me words to praise Him and I somehow cannot stop the flow.  The thoughts and words form and begin to take shape and as I follow the thread, the train picks up speed and my heart begins to swell and suddenly I am about to burst and how did I not SEE that before?  I can't write it or type it as fast as it is coming and is this SO many years of my ungratefulness now redeemed and characterized by how quickly I can now SEE the gifts so wonderfully bestowed by my ardent Lover?  The fullness of every moment, captured by my mind and given words and savored.


Living fully as she has so graciously pointed out.

Ask and it will given to you;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks receives;
he who seeks finds;
and to him who knocks, 
the door will be opened.

Matthew 7:7-8

1 comment: