Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Love That Will Not Let Me Go

I'm wondering if and how she will sleep tonight.  This mother who now has one less living child.  The thought of her and what she must be feeling is hanging on me like a weight.  I don't know her.  I've met her only once.  But she is a mother and to that I can relate.

Two dear friends will be ministering to her and her family.  How I am sure they wish they could all go back to this morning....when life was still normal.

The two young siblings, what things must be going through their minds tonight?  How my heart grieves with them.  For them.  This is life now.  This....this emptiness.  This hole where once stood a vibrant girl on the verge of being a lovely young lady.  This older sister who shared laughs and teasing, who made sandwiches and gave hugs.

This morning, my day began singing praise.  Giving thanks.  I stood in my kitchen with the biggest knife I own in one of my uplifted hands, face upturned to the ceiling, water running in the sink, music coming from the radio...giving glory to my God and King.

At the time, I almost felt like a fool.

Not so much now.

I'm so thankful.  Thankful for the life that fills these walls.  Thankful for the arguments and pouting.  Thankful for the prayers and praises sung.  Thankful for the slammed doors and the stomping feet.  Evidence of life and breath and earthly presence.

In a few very short days, when all is over and the people are gone, these are the things she will miss.  This  mother's heart aches for her.

Earlier, as I was trying to form thoughts into words that could resemble some sort of prayer, this song came to my mind....

remember to pause the player at the bottom of this page

Praying that she may find comfort in a love that will not let her go....

No comments:

Post a Comment