Saturday, July 16, 2011

Stewardship of Grace

This is my favorite place to be.

I stand in front of a huge black pot, sliced onion and garlic sizzling at the bottom.  Just a touch of olive and salt...smell of love.

...Your grace found me...

I hear the words sung to a tune drift through the air.  Baby gorgeous has her head down over a table of beads.  She's stringing together words that make up the thoughts of her mind on this Saturday afternoon.

...happy girl....from a flower life...wow be sweet...

All pink and purple and yellow and fun.  What is a "flower life" anyway?

There's a basket of laundry in the middle of the floor.  Piles of coverings that we choose to display our personality.  Or to disguise it.

I hear the tumble, tumble, thud of the dryer.  Blankets, all caught up within one another, rolled into a ball.  Not allowing the heat and the tossing to do their job.  To extract the damp and leave them soft and without moisture.

Water to the pot, now the slow rise to a boil.  Time to gather thoughts.

Back to grace....

...grace, grace, God's grace, grace that will pardon and cleanse within...

I am in desperate need of Your grace today Lord.  A tangible acceptance of Your grace.  I know it's here.  It encircles me...I must reach out and grasp it.  Welcome it into my heart, allow it to change, heal, grow my soul.  No turning of my back to it or You.  A face-to-face embrace of all the You have for me.  I physically open up my chest, I look upwards to you.  My hands are open.  My heart is open.  Fill me up.

Zucchini, yellow squash, cauliflower, carrots...all into the pot.  This is Your bounty.  The nourishment of my soul.

Stewardship of Grace.  

Grace received.  Grace extended.

Fill me with grace and mercy.  Give me eyes to see and a heart to trust.  You have a plan and it plays out.  Tempered by Your grace and mercy.


‎"O waiting soul, be still, be strong,
And though He tarry, trust and wait;
Doubt not, He will not wait too long,
Fear not, He will not come too late.


No comments:

Post a Comment