Sunday, July 24, 2011

First Night

The deluge has caused everyone to run in from outside.  From my vantage point, up on the stage behind the gentleman speaking, I have a great opportunity to watch them.

It is with laughter and joy that they filter in.

God, creating reason for us all to be squished together so closely in community.  Forcing us together when we have chosen our own respective comfort zones apart from one another.

We are at camp meeting.  It is so very hot up here where I am but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  The view that I have from my seat is amazing.  So many people, in the heat, on hard benches, listening to how the Lord is working in lives, in hearts, in the camp.

When we are finished and it is time for the choir to brave the rain and make their way to their seats, I find mine.  At the very back, the very.last.row.  Husband is waiting patiently.  I wonder if we will be able to concentrate on the message.  So many distractions there.  But it causes me to realize that God meets me even in the very back.  Wherever I am.

He is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment