Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Day Redeemed

Oh.My.Word.

This Saturday morning sure didn't start out as I would have liked! 
On a day when I planned to make a loaf of beer bread and possibly a cheesecake and eat them entirely on my own and after a week where my frustration was high, I was short-tempered at work, too tired to motivate myself to accomplish anything on my to-do list, the fridge froze over, the air-conditioner was (and still is!) spewing water (happens EVERY stinking spring season GRRRR...), the laundry is piled high, and I was awakened 3 times from sleep earlier than I wanted to be this morning, I made the decision to be grouchy.  :-/  After a nasty fit (Elli's), a soaking as I was cleaning out the air-unit hose, and a silly handwashing with an herbal soap that set off my asthma, I needed a break.

Frankly, I was just being selfish.  I didn't want to be home, alone, without a car, with a screaming 6 year old and a screaming headache on a Saturday.  I wanted to be angry that my life did not look the way I wanted it to look this morning.  Bad call.  But then I made a good choice.

Music is the sweet sound of my life!  If there's anything I love, it's music. 

Elli and I decided we would regroup.  Get some youtube going and listen to some of our favorite songs.

One of them happened to be this one:

~Before you listen, pause the player at the bottom of the blog~

We were getting ourselves ready to do some nails.  You know, some girly things.  As we sat and I was taking off Elli's old polish, she began to chat with me.  She wants to adopt, not one, but FIVE of those sweet little faces from the video!  I think God may be calling her heart to adopt.  Or to be a missionary!  But in some way, to help others.  She also asked me about Jesus.  How can He just touch someone, mom, and then they are healed?" 

What a sweet time of talk. 
What an open door to listen to her heart. 
To even glimpse into the future and realize we won't always have the precious moments of time alone together. 
To rest and know the He is God, He is good, and He wants me to step back and not be hurried or discouraged. 
What a blessing to be a mommy, and especially, to be her mommy. 

What a joy to know that He can take a day that capped off a week that was less than lovely and redeem it.  He puts it into perspective and shines His light through it to reveal it's real purpose.  I'm thankful for His refining that is always done in love, for His purposes and His glory.

I'm so thankful that by looking to Him, He changed our day around.  His word restores hope in my heart, His love welcomes me, His grace accepts my weaknesses and His mercy forgives my ugliness. 

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.
Philippians 4:8

2 comments: