Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Necessary Changes...

Are you willing to make the necessary changes in your life that would align your activities and desires with God's will?

Have you really contemplated what a life "well-lived" looks like and what it takes to get there?

Do you desire more of God and His direction?

Change is something that just doesn't come easily to anyone.  I don't know of anyone who doesn't need some amount, however small, of familiarity and security.   It's a tangible way of feeling as if we have some measure of control over our lives.  

I have been challenged these last many weeks to consider God's plan for my life.  What effect He wants me to have and where.  What His priorities are for my life.  I have listed out an inventory of my time.  Sobering to be sure, but liberating as well.  There are many things that while I thought they were insignificant or even inappropriate ways to spend my time, the Lord encouraged and even blessed! 

I would encourage you to take a good look at where you spend your time.  To the hour.  Lay it before the Lord and let Him prune where He feels necessary.  Let Him speak to your heart about the changes that need to be made.  Where He asks for change, His grace and strength are abundant.  

Only after seeking Him are we able to live, really live, the life He is calling us to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment