Friday, April 15, 2011

The List

I have a list.


A list of the things that have happened in my life.  Things I have survived.  It used to be a list that represented all that I had suffered and the things that were suffocating me.  All the strikes I had against me.  


~teenage pregnancy
~handicapped child
~low self-esteem
~running away from home
~family estrangement
~cheating husband
~divorce
~missing child
~illegitimate child
~welfare
~loneliness
~unhealthy relationships
~single parenthood
~miscarriage


It doesn't represent that anymore.  It's a list of all the things I've been rescued from.  All that God has redeemed.  All the things that no longer hold me captive. 


God has taken the ugliness and made something beautiful.  He's given me a way to glorify Him through it, and in spite of it, and quite probably because of it.  He's displayed His goodness to me and how He has held me together through these things.  Now these are just a few of my stones of remembrance as I have marked the spot where I gave them over to Him and let Him make of them what He will.

What does your list look like?  Are you willing to turn it over and allow His love to change the way you feel when you read those words?

No comments:

Post a Comment