Saturday, April 2, 2011

What does life mean to you?

I saw a question today, posted in someone's status on Facebook.

What does life mean to you?

Do YOU have an answer?  I'd be interested to know.  I know what life means to me.  More today than any other day I've ever been alive.  I feel Him working in me.  I am aware of the constant struggle, His desire to shape my soul, my desire to remain the selfish sinner I am.  

It's difficult to be introspective and try to figure out what you feel about certain things.  Taking a magnifying glass to your own heart and life mean that you become accountable and are faced with the inevitability of some aspect needing to change.

And the change is hard.  Painful.  Can be long.  Can suck the wind from your sails.  Can leave you breathless and wondering what all this change is about anyway.  And then, there's this issue of what lies on the other side of this change.  Is it for better?  Or will my heart ache, will my spirit be quenched, will my passion suffer?  

When we know and understand how He purposes events and change in our lives, only then do we understand the process better.  We may progress from a total unwillingness, perhaps to resignation, and finally, to acceptance that is joyful and desired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment