Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Storm or What a Difference a Day Makes!

What joy, what joy for those whose hope is in the Name of the Lord.
What peace, what peace for those whose confidence is Him alone.


Psalm 28:6-7 (The Message)
Blessed be GOD-
He heard me praying.
He proved He's on my side;
I've thrown my lot in with Him.

Now I'm jumping for joy,
and shouting and singing my thanks to Him.


~So shortly after my moments of despair that I recorded here, I received a phone call from a friend.  What a saving moment that was!  A true gift from the Lord.  She asked to pray with me.  She prayed, and my heart was lifted!  Almost like the cloud had truly just risen.  

She took my hand and led me across that swaying bridge.  Over to where the party was.  And the Lord was there all along.  

My circumstances have not changed.  Everything is still as it was yesterday.  Nothing has yet to be resolved as far as we can tell.  My "worries" are still problems that I need to continue to turn over to the Lord.  But how thankful I am that He prompts me to share with dear friends who protect my heart and are willing to pray with me.  Love me.  Care for me in the darkness.
New Day, New Mercies.

It's 11:00am and it looks as if it is 7:00am!  It is so dark and "gloomy" outside.  The thunder is rolling, the rain is falling, there's a chill in the air.  Such loveliness!  I love this kind of weather.  It does not depress me, in fact, quite the opposite, it energizes and uplifts me.  Allows me to revel in moments of quietness, sipping coffee, wrapped up in warm, comfy sweats, looking outside and pondering.  This weather was made for pondering.  And comfort food.  Chicken noodle soup anyone?  Deep theological discussion over tea?  Giving God praise for His faithful provision?  

Come on over, it's a new day.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment