Thursday, April 7, 2011

Whatever It Takes....?

Many months ago, I began praying specifically about the salvation of a particular family member.  I spoke with God and released to Him this promise:  Whatever it takes.

We are now coming to understand the "whatever it takes".  Had I known then what I know now...

I can't even begin to let you in on all that is going on in our lives, but suffice it to say, we are facing spiritual, physical, emotional and financial dilemmas like none I have ever known.  I feel as if we have been in the dark for the past 6 months.  And yet, not oppressive darkness, but a protective darkness.  I feel and sense His presence in ways that are unexplainable.  I know He is with me.  He is doing a work, and I am able to see where He has been.  

A month or so ago, I read this post by a dear sister.  It speaks to my heart even this minute.  She means so much to me.  The Lord has used her in ways she probably isn't even aware of.  He has gifted me with quite a few dear, close, wonderful women who love Him and love me as well.  What blessings to me!  

He is the Giver of all good things.    

Today I am prepared to allow Him to work in me and keep the refining flame close.  I don't wish to have all that is being used to change me removed or my circumstances changed (although the relief of a few would be sweet!) but to be pliant and mold-able into that which He wants me to become. 

No comments:

Post a Comment