Monday, June 6, 2011

Joy

JOY = trusting the Lord in all things and having full confidence of salvation through Christ.


I suppose I have always imagined joy to look different.  Somehow, even though I know that joy does not equate with happiness, I have imagined it to look like happiness.  That must be where the breakdown is.  I've always pictured a smiling face, a laugh, a warm feeling.  


Ahhhh, but joy IS those things.  When I see it as He sees it.  I CAN smile, laugh and have warm feelings, knowing all the while that I can trust the Lord in ALL things and that I will one day dance with Him in heaven.  The world and it's chaos may swirl around me but I can have a sense of peace and assurance (read: JOY!) that grips my heart and doesn't let me down.  


He upholds me with His mighty, righteous right hand!  

No comments:

Post a Comment